Dell PowerVault 110T DLT VS 80
The Dell PowerVault 110T DLT ValuSmart 80 drive is a value-priced, high-reliability, high-capacity linear streaming cartridge tape drive designed for use on entry to midrange computing platforms.
With a combination of data compression and compaction, the PowerVault 110T DLT VS 80 drive offers a formatted cartridge capacity of 40GB (80GB assuming a 2:1 compression ratio) and a sustained user data transfer rate of 3 MB/s (up to 6 MB/s with 2:1 compression). The capacity you realize in practice depends on the data set, which affects the actual compression ratio.
The PowerVault 110T DLT VS 80 drive is a 5.25-inch, half-height form-factor, using a 1/2-inch tape. Its design includes a dual-channel read/write head, Lempel-Ziv (DLZ) high-efficiency hardware data compression, and tape-mark directory to achieve fast data throughput and data access times.
The PowerVault 110T DLT VS 80 drive is read/write-compatible with the DLT1 format and read-compatible with the DLT4000 format using DLTtape IV cartridges. The PowerVault 110T DLT VS 80 drive works with a wide-ultra, Low-Voltage Differential (LVD) or Single-Ended (SE) SCSI bus.
The PowerVault 110T DLT VS 80 drive has the following features:
- Supported formats: DLT1 (read/write), DLT4000 (read only)
- Uses DLTtape IV cartridges
- 5.25-inch half-height form-factor
- Formatted cartridge capacity of 40GB native, 80GB compressed*
- Sustained user data transfer rate of 3 MB/s native, up to 6 MB/s with compression*
- The PowerVault 110T DLT VS 80 drive requires a wide-ultra, Low-Voltage Differential (LVD) or Single-Ended (SE) SCSI bus
* Assumes 2:1 compression ratio. The capacity and data transfer rates realized in practice depend on the data set, which determines the actual compression ratio.