HP Ultrium 960 LTO3 Internal Tape Drive Q1538A / 378463-001
Positioned as the highest capacity drive in the StorageWorks family, the Ultrium 960 features an 800 GB compressed (2:1) storage capacity using new LTO 3 media. By doubling the capacity of current Ultrium drives, HP customers now require fewer data cartridges to meet their storage needs, significantly reducing their IT costs and increasing their ROI.
The Ultrium 960 also features a compressed (2:1) data transfer rate of 160 MB/s. Using a new 16-channel recording head, an Ultra320 SCSI interface, and increases in media tracks and bit density, the HP Ultrium 960 sets a new performance benchmark as the world’s fastest tape drive.
For customers that continually experience shrinking backup windows, the Ultrium 960 is the ideal direct-attach backup storage solution for enterprise and mid-range server, as well as entry-level hard drive arrays.
The Ultrium 960 supports the industry’s most comprehensive list of compatible hardware and software platforms. Each drive option includes a single-server version of HP Data Protector (license) and Yosemite TapeWare (CD) backup software, as well as support for HP StorageWorks One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) and HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (L&TT).
The Ultrium 960 Tape Drive is fully read and write compatible with all second-generation Ultrium media, and adds a further degree of investment protection with the ability to read all first-generation Ultrium media as well.
The Ultrium 960 also represents HP’s first tape drive solution to deliver support for Write-Once, Read-Many (WORM) media. This feature allows customers to easily integrate a cost-effective solution to secure, manage, and archive compliant data records to meet stringent industry regulations. HP customers can now manage all of their backup and archiving data protection needs with just one drive.
- 800 GB Capacity: The Ultrium 960 tape drive is a high capacity drive that stores 800 GB on a single cartridge with 2:1 compression.
- 160 MB/s Performance: The world’s fastest tape drive with sustainable data transfer rates to 160 MB/s at 2:1 compression.
- Data Rate Matching (DRM): Allows the tape drive to dynamically and continuously adjust the speed of the drive, from 27 MB/s to 80 MB/s, matching the speed of the host or network.
- LTO Open Standard: Drive technology based on an open standard that provides for media compatibility across all brands of LTO Ultrium products.
- Server Compatibility: Qualified on HP ProLiant, Integrity, 9000, NonStop, and AlphaServers platforms, as well as many servers from other leading vendors such as Dell, IBM, and Sun.
- Software Compatibility: Extensive list of supported backup and archiving software applications from HP, CA, VERITAS, Yosemite, Legato, Tivoli, and many more.
- Support for WORM Media: Able to read and write to new Write-Once Read-Many (WORM) HP Ultrium Data Cartridges
- Management and Diagnostics Software Included: HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools software provides a single application for managing and troubleshooting your tape drive, media and configuration.
- One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) Supported: Firmware-based disaster recovery feature that can restore an entire system using a single Ultrium 960 tape drive and data cartridge
- High capacity drive allows customer to backup more data with fewer data cartridges: High capacity drive reduces the costs associated with data protection by requiring fewer data cartridges to complete backups.
- Ultra fast performance can backup more data in less time: High performance drive allows customers to scale their backup capacities without having to increase their backup windows.
- Data Rate Matching optimizes performance while reducing tape and media wear: Data Rate Matching optimizes the performance of the tape drive by matching the host server or network’s data transfer rate, putting less stress on the tape drive and media.
- LTO open standard provides customers with more choices: The LTO open standard ensures compatibility across all brands of Ultrium tape drives, giving customers a greater choice of Ultrium solutions without losing investment protection.
- Comprehensive hardware and software qualification increase customers agility to adapt to new environments as needed: Support for heterogeneous hardware and software platforms provides customers with a single tape drive solution for all environments.
- Investment protection through backward write and read compatibility: Backward read compatibility ensures that files from generation one and two Ultrium data cartridges can be recovered using the HP Ultrium 960 tape drive. Backward write compatibility allows the customer to create backups using second-generation Ultrium media with their HP Ultrium 960 tape drive, maximizing their ROI for media that was previously purchased.
- Easily integrate a secure method for archiving compliant records using Ultrium WORM media: With a single HP Ultrium 960 tape drive and HP’s comprehensive support for hardware and software platforms, customers can easily integrate a WORM-based archiving solution into their current data protection strategy using LTO Ultrium solutions.
- Complete set of management and diagnostics tools included with each tape drive option and available via free download from HP.com: Tape drive management, performance optimization, and troubleshooting is made simple using the HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools application that is included with HP Ultrium 960 tape drive.
- Simple and fast disaster recovery with One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR) included in the drive firmware: HP Ultrium 960 tape drives include a HP-exclusive disaster recovery feature, One-Button Disaster Recovery, that allows the customer to simply and quickly recover a server’s operating system, software applications, and data using a single HP Ultrium data cartridge.
HP Ultrium 960 LTO3 Internal Tape Drive Q1538A / 378463-001
The HP StorageWorks Ultrium 960 Tape Drive represents HP’s third-generation of LTO tape drive technology.
|Recording technology||LTO-3 Ultrium 960|
|Capacity||800 GB Compressed 2:1|
|Transfer rate||576 GB/hr; Compressed 2:1|
|Buffer size||128 MB; Included|
|Host interface||Ultra320 LVD SCSI|
|Form factor||5.25-inch full-height|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||20.8 x 8.5 x 15 cm|
|Warranty – year(s) (parts/labor/onsite)||3/0/0|
|What’s in the box||HP Ultrium 960 Internal Tape Drive, HP StorageWorks Tape CD-ROM (contains HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools utilities, user manuals and Windows drivers), HP Data Protector Express Basic backup and recovery software CD, HP Ultrium 800GB Data Cartridge, HP Ultrium Cleaning Cartridge, multi-language labels, internal SCSI cable, performance tuning poster, documentation|