IBM LTO5 / IBM Ultrium 5 Full Height Tape Drives
The IBM LTO5 System Storage® TS2350 Tape Drive Express—part of the entry-level IBM System Storage tape product family—supports these needs by leveraging the newest generation of Linear Tape-Open® (LTO) technology to help cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements.
Highlights of the IBM LTO5
- Helps reduce costs with lower power consumption, consolidation and space reduction
- Supports media partitioning on IBM LTO5 Ultrium 5 Media and new IBM Long Term File System technology
- Nearly doubles the cartridge capacity of previous-generation IBM LTO Ultrium 4 drives
- Designed to provide greater capacity and performance to address the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
Our world has become more instrumented, interconnected and intelligent. In this new environment, where storage requirements are doubling every one to two years, smarter midsize companies strive to store, archive and retrieve information efficiently, while driving down IT costs. You need to protect and secure the information, meet compliance requirements and make your information available when you need it. The IBM LTO5 TS2350 Tape Drive is suited for handling backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs with higher capacity and higher data transfer rate than previous generation. In addition, the IBM Ultrium 5 technology is designed to support media partitioning, and the new IBM LTO5 Long Term File System technology. It also continues to support encryption of data and WORM media.
The IBM LTO5 System Storage® TS2350 Tape Drive Express—part of the entry-level IBM System Storage tape product family—supports these needs by leveraging the newest generation of Linear Tape-Open® ( LTO) technology to help cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements.
- Features the new IBM Ultrium 5 Tape Drive
- Supports partitioning on Ultrium 5 Media and the new IBM Long Term File System technology
- IBM Ultrium 5 / IBM LTO5 technology continues to support encryption of data and WORM operations
- Adheres to the widely supported LTO specification, which promotes standardization and allows for multiple media and drive providers
- Designed to provide higher capacity to address the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
- Compatible with major operating systems and ISV applications
- Uses advanced technologies designed to optimize throughput, increase cartridge capacity and provide superior data protection
IBM LTO5 Hardware summary
- Maximum Storage Capacity up to 3.0 TB with 2:1 compression
- Native data transfer rate of 140 MBps
- Adheres to widely supported Linear Tape-Open (LTO) standards
- 6 Gbps SAS connectivity available
- Dual SAS port and one Ethernet port
- New enclosure design allows two units to be mounted side by side in a 19-inch IBM server rack
- External stand-alone or rack mountable unit
|Next generation of LTO® technology|
|Hardware encryption available|
|Media Partitioning & IBM Long Term File System|
|Physical storage capacity up to 3.0 TB (2:1 compression)|
|Native data transfer rate of up to 140 MB/sec r|
|Large internal data transfer buffer|
|6 Gbps SAS interface|
|Backwards compatibility with previous generations of LTO Ultrium® cartridges|
|Full Height Form Factor|
|Available Configurations||Model 3580 S53—One IBM LTO5 / IBM Ultrium 5 Tape Drive, 6 Gbps SAS interfacePN 3580S5X|
|Tape Drive Type||IBM LTO5 / IBM Ultrium 5|
|Physical Capacity||1.5 TB Native; 3.0 TB with 2:1 compression|
|Number of tape drives||1|
|Number of tape cartridges||1|
|Data transfer rate||Up to 140 MBps native|
|Media Type||IBM LTO 5 Data CartridgeIBM LTO Cleaning Cartridge|
|Power requirements||100 – 240 V ac, 50 – 60 Hz auto-ranging|
|Dimensions||21.3 cm W x 11.0 cm H x 33.6 cm D)|
IBM LTO5 repairs and Refurbished IBM LTO5 Drives
Do you need an IBM LTO 5 repair? Are you looking for a fully refurbished IBM LTO 5?
SQS offer a full repair service on all IBM LTO 5 drives and have a large stock of refurbished tape drives with full warranty, including refurbished HP LTO 5 drives.
Looking for IBM LTO5 Tape media and cleaning tapes for the IBM LTO5? Click here to go to our online store.