Quantum’s DAT 160 delivers a capacity of 160 GB on a single data cartridge and a transfer rate of up to 50 GB/hr (assuming a 2:1compression ratio). At the same time this sixth generation DDS/DAT drive provides the proven reliability and two-generation backward compatibility that users of the world’s most successful tape technology have come to expect.
Quantum “Backup Ready” certified solutions allow you to go from box-to-backup in minutes with the highly reliable Quantum DAT 160 tape drive, world-class Backup Exec™ QuickStart software and durable Quantum media. “Backup Ready” solutions are cost-effective, easy to install and fully-supported by Quantum.
The Quantum DAT 160 drive comes with a choice of interfaces: USB for low-cost, universal plug-and-play and ,Ultra 160 SCSI 3 to meet the needs of legacy systems and SAS for advanced systems.
Available in 3.5-inch and 5.25-inch Half-High form factors and both tabletop and internal configurations, the Quantum DAT 160 is ideal for current DDS/DAT customers looking for compatibility.
Read/Write compatible with previous generation DAT 72 and DDS-4 products, the DAT 160 enables a simple migration path for the installed base of over 6 million DDS/DAT users, delivering a dependable and cost-effective backup solution with a low ongoing cost of ownership.
Key Features and Benefits
- Backward compatible with DDS-4 and DAT72
- Compressed capacity up to 160GB*
- Compressed performance up to 50GB/hour*
- Certified “Backup Ready” Solution
The Quantum DAT 160 tape drive provides superior capacity and performance in the DDS/DAT portfolio for small and medium businesses requiring backward compatibility to previous DDS/DAT tape drives.
- Up to 160 GB* Capacity
- Up to 50 GB/HR* transfer rate
- “BACKUP READY” Solution
- 3 year rapid exchange warranty
- Available with a choice of interface: USB for universal plug-and-play connectivity, SCSI for legacy systems and SAS for advanced systems
- Internal and tabletop configurations available
- Read/Write compatible with previous generation DAT 72 and DDS-4 products, providing a simple migration path for DAT users
- Inexpensive media for low total cost of ownership
- 3.5-inch or 5.25-inch Half-High form factors for flexible server installation as well as convenient tabletop option
- RoHS compliant to meet environmental standards
- Quantum DAT 160 tape drives write to the following media:DAT 160 (MR-D6MQN-01), DAT 72 (CDM72), DDS-4 (CDM40)
- Quantum DAT 72 tape drives read the following media:DAT 160 (MR-D6MQN-01), DAT 72 (CDM72), DDS-4 (CDM40)
- Quantum DAT 160 tape drives utilize the following cleaning cartridge:DDS/DAT Cleaning II Cartridge(MR-D6CQN-01)