Quantum Travan TR40
The Seagate® STT3401A and STT2401A extend the Seagate family of one-inch high Travan drives that feature high performance, high reliability, and quiet operation.
The drives transfer data at up to 120 megabytes per minute (Mbytes/min) without compression.
With optimal system resources and compressible data structures, nominal transfer rates of up to 240 Mbytes per minute can be obtained using software data compression (assuming a 2:1 compression ratio).
The compression ratio is dependent on the specific system and the nature of the files being compressed.
These drives are internal devices, providing affordable storage in either 3.5-inch (STT3401A) or half-high 5.25-inch (STT2401A) form factors, for easy installation in today’s computers.
· Automated cartridge loading: When a cartridge is inserted into the drive, it is
automatically drawn into the drive mechanism. The cartridge is fully loaded within the drive and does not extend beyond the front of the bezel during operation. Pressing the Eject button causes the drive to unload the cartridge until it extends out about one inch beyond the bezel.
· Backward read-compatible with Industry Standard QIC-3220-MC Travan 5 Data Format
· Selectable sustained data transfer rate of 2.0 Mbytes per second (compressed) or 1.22 Mbytes per second (native), to support various host systems
· Auto-Throttle™ tape speed adjusts to sustain streaming operation with the Host transfer rates.
· ATAPI interface
· Servo-burst-controlled high-resolution head positioning system
· Available in either 3.5-inch, 1-inch high or 5.25-inch half-height form factors
· Data integrity of less than 1 hard read error in 10 17 bits, with automatic retry algorithm
· 8-Mbyte data buffer
· High-speed, 110 inch-per-second tape rewind
· EEPROM containing non-volatile option settings and diagnostic results
|Compressed Capacity||Up to 40 GB|
|Native Capacity||Up to 20 GB|
|Min/Max Operating Temp||5 deg C / 45 deg C|
|Max Operating Humidity||80%|
|Max Operating Shock||2.5 Gs|
|Max Non-Operating Shock||100 Gs|
|Max Operating Vibration||.5 G|
|Max Non-Operating Vibration||1.5 G|
|Native Sustained Transfer Rate||7.2 GB/hour|
|Compressed Sustained Transfer Rate||up to 14.4 GB/hour|
|Drum Rotational Speed||N/A|
|Backup Speed||7.2 GB/hour|
|Compressed Backup Speed||up to 14.4 GB/hour|
|Buffer Memory Size||8 MB|