Certance CL400 LTO2
Here is what Quantum had to say about their first LTO2 drive
Certance CL 400 LTO-2 tape solutions leverage LTO technology and Certance-exclusive features to provide the most reliable and affordable tape data protection to medium and large businesses. The latest in an LTO roadmap extending through 2010 and backed by industry leaders, the CL 400 balances price with increased capacity and performance.
All Certance LTO tape drive solutions include fully-licensed BakBone NetVault WorkGroup Edition ($1,195 value) that runs on Windows, Linux and Unix, support up to (5) heterogeneous clients and provides up to 100 GB of disk-to-disk-to-tape capacity.
- Complete solution including BakBone NetVault WorkGroup Edition backup software ($1,195 value)
- Up to 400 GB capacity on a single cartridge
- Up to 245 GB/hr backup speed
- Convenient desktop form factor
- Backward compatible with LTO-1 tape drives from any manufacturer
- Satisfies the “archiving” component in many regulatory requirements
- Backed by a 3-year limited warranty and the REACT Rapid Replacement Program .
- Most reliable LTO-2 tape drive solution from any manufacturer
- Certance-exclusive MediaShield doubles media life over other manufacturers
- Certance-exclusive SmartVerify virtually eliminates the need for a traditional verify pass during backup, reducing the backup time by 50%
- Certance-exclusive 13-Speed Transfer matches tape drive speed to the host, optimizing performance and increasing drive and media reliability
- Certance-exclusive Dynamic Powerdown protects the data cartridge during unexpected power loss